Stir Frying Cook it Right
A quick, healthy and economical way to make your favorite meal!
A quick dry-heat cooking method using a lightly oiled pan. Use high heat while continuously tossing ingredients. Any cut can be used as long as it is cut into thin uniform strips.
Shoulder steak, sirloin steak, round tip steak, top round steak, flank steak and top blade steak
Step by Step:
- Partially freeze beef (10 minutes in the freezer) for easy slicing.
- Slice meat into thin uniform strips (1/8 inch or thinner).
- Marinate or season meat as desired.
- Heat small amount of oil in wok or heavy non-stick skillet over medium or medium-high heat until hot.
- Stir-fry meat in batches to prevent over crowding. Stir continuously in a scooping/tossing motion until outside surface of beef is no longer pink.
- Be sure pan and oil are very hot before adding beef.
- Cook beef and vegetables separately, then combine, and heat through.
- The cooking liquid may be thickened using corn starch and water if desired.
- Use two large spoons or spatulas to make tossing easier.
- Cut all ingredients to uniform size so pieces will cook evenly.
For stir frying recipes, search the Recipe Book.