Mexican-Style Beef Crescents
Be the first to rate this recipe!
- 1 package (12 oz.) refrigerated or frozen fully-cooked ground beef crumbles
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack pepper cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped dried cranberries
- 2 Tbsp. apple juice
- 1 1/4-2 tsp. ground cumin
- 3/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 1/2 packages (15 oz.) refrigerated prepared pie crusts (3 crusts)
- 1 egg beaten wtih 1 tsp. water
Heat oven to 400�°F. If using frozen beef crumbles, defrost according to package directions. Combine beef, cheese, cranberries, juice, cumin and garlic powder in bowl.
Cut each pie crust into 12 wedges (36 total). Place 1 level Tbsp. beef mixture on wide end of each wedge. Beginning at wide end, roll up wedges; curve ends to form crescents.
Place crescents 1 inch apart on greased baking sheets; brush tops lightly with egg wash. Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
One pound of fresh ground beef can be substituted. Cook in skillet over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes or until beef is not pink; drain well.
Tips from Our Cook
To make crescents ahead: Cook as directed. Wrap tightly and freeze up to 2 weeks. To reheat, place on lightly greased baking sheets. Bake in 350�°F oven 12 to 13 minutes or until heated.