Beef Con Queso Appetizers
This recipe has been rated 3 times
Rate this Recipe
- 1 lb. boneless beef sirloin steak, cut into 3/8-inch cubes
- or 1 lb. ground beef, cooked and drained
- or 12 oz. fully cooked shredded beef
- or 1 fully cooked beef pot roast, gravy removed, shredded
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 can Rotel diced tomatoes & green chilies
- 1 cup milk
- 2 lbs. Velveeta cheese spread, cubed or shredded
Brown beef cubes in skillet over medium-high heat until no longer pink.
or Heat fully cooked beef according to package directions.
In a large microwave safe bowl, combine salsa, Rotel, milk and cheese. Heat on HIGH 1-2 minutes, stir and repeat until cheese is melted.
Add beef to cheese mixture.
Serve piping hot in a small crock.
To see other winter warm-up suggestions, try: Texas Bean Dip, Beef Chowder Ole, Crockpot Beef Stew, Chilly Day Beef Chili
Tips from Our Cook
Serve with tortilla chips or crusty bread.
Nutrition Info per serving: (1 serving, 4.5 oz.) Made with sirloin steak: 232 calories; 13 g fat (8 g saturated fat; 0.7 g monounsaturated fat); 66 mg cholesterol; 874 mg sodium; 6 g carbohydrate; 0.4 g fiber; 18 g protein; 2.8 mg niacin; 0.2 mg vitamin B6; 0.5 mcg vitamin B12; 0.9 mg iron; 11.5 mcg selenium; 1.7 mg zinc.