Mediterranean Polenta Rounds Appetizers
This recipe has been rated 1 time
Rate this Recipe
Makes 36 appetizers
- 1 package fully cooked beef pot roast with gravy
- 3 packages (16 oz each) prepared polenta rolls, cut in 1/2-inch rounds
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2/3 cup sun-dried tomato spread
- 1/2 cup loosely packed, thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1/2 cup finely diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- thinly sliced fresh basil (optional)
Place polenta rounds in single layers on 2 greased 15 x 10 x 1-inch baking pans. Brush oil lightly over tops of rounds. Broil each pan 1-1/2 to 2 inches from heat 15 minutes or until polenta begins to brown.
Meanwhile prepare beef pot roast according to package directions. Remove from package reserving gravy. Shred pot roast in large bowl with 2 forks. Stir in 2 Tbsp. reserved gravy, sun-dried tomato spread and 1/2 cup basil.
Top each polenta round with about 1 tsp. shredded beef mixture. Sprinkle with bell pepper and cheese. Garnish with basil, if desired. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Nutrition information per serving: 73 calories; 4 g protein; 8 g carbohydrate; 2 g fat; 240 mg sodium; 12 mg cholesterol; 2.0 mg niacin; 0.1 mg vitamin B6; 0.4 mcg vitamin B12; 0.4 mg iron; 1.1 mg zinc.