Mini Steak Tacos with Spicy Pico De Gallo Appetizers
Be the first to rate this recipe!
- 1 1/2 pounds beef shoulder top blade (flat iron) steaks
- 12 four tortillas (5 inch diameter)
- Spicy Pico de Gallo (recipe follows)
- 1 package (8 oz) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1/2 cup prepared Italian dressing
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
Spicy Pico de Gallo:
- 1 1/2 cups chopped tomato
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeno pepper
- 1/4 cup hot picante sauce or salsa
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
1. Combine all ingredients for Spicy Pico de Gallo in large bowl. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour to let flavors blend.
2. Cut beef steaks lengthwise in half, then crosswise into 1/4" strips; set aside. Combine marinade ingredients in medium bowl. Place beef and marinade in food-safe plastic bag. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes. Remove beef from marinade; discard marinade. Heat pan over medium heat until hot. Add 1/2 of beef; stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes or until outside surface of beef is no longer pink. (Do not overcook.) Repeat with remaining beef.
3. Evenly divide beef strips over tortillas. Top with 1 tablespoon Spicy Pico de Gallo and 1 tablespoon cheese.