Sirloin Portobellos Appetizers
This recipe has been rated 2 times
Rate this Recipe
- 1/2 lb. sirloin, cut into strips 1/8-inch thick and 2 inches long
- or - 1/2 lb. fully cooked steak strips or fully cooked pot roast, shredded
- 4 whole Portobello mushrooms
- 1 tsp. cajun seasoning
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded Colby-Jack cheese
- 1 Tbsp. chopped parsley
Clean mushrooms. Remove and save stems. Remove and discard gills.
Brush mushroom caps on both sides with olive oil and 1/2-tsp. of the seasoning.
Chop stems and stir fry with sirloin, jalapenos and onions until sirloin is no longer pink.
Remove from heat and add remaining seasoning and cheese. Sprinkle with parsley.
Spoon equal amounts into mushroom caps.
Grill over medium hot coals for 5 minutes or until mushrooms are soft.
Cut into wedges and serve.
Tips from Our Cook
Use a spoon to scrape gills from underside of mushrooms. You can substitute shoulder steak, top round steak or round tip steak for the sirloin.
Nutrition Info per serving: (1 serving, 3 oz.) 78 calories; 3.5 g fat (1 g saturated fat; 1 g monounsaturated fat); 14 mg cholesterol; 93 mg sodium; 3.1 g carbohydrate; 0.9 g fiber; 8 g protein; 4.4 mg niacin; 0.2 mg vitamin B6; 0.3 mcg vitamin B12; 0.7 mg iron; 14 mcg selenium; 1.4 mg zinc.