Texas Bean Dip Appetizers
This recipe has been rated 1 time
Rate this Recipe
- 1 lb. ground beef, cooked and drained or 12 ounces fully cooked ground beef
- 1 cup onion, minced
- 1 tsp. garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. vegetable oil
- 1 can (15 oz.) black beans
- 1 can (15 oz.) black-eye peas
- 1 can (15 oz.) pinto beans
- 1 can (15 oz.) whole kernel corn
- 1 jar (16 oz.) salsa with cilantro
- 1 jar (16 oz.) salsa with chipotle
- 2 Tbsp. fresh cilantro, minced
Saute onion and garlic in 2 tsp. vegetable oil.
Drain and rinse beans, black-eye peas and corn. Add to onion and garlic.
Stir in the ground beef and salsas and heat through. Sprinkle with fresh cilantro.
Serve in a crockpot with tortilla chips.
To see other winter warm-up suggestions, try: Beef Con Queso Beef Chowder Ole Crockpot Beef Stew Chilly Day Beef Chili
Tips from Our Cook
Pre-cooked ground beef crumbles or shredded beef may be substituted for a quick shortcut. Add 1-2 chilies from a can of chipotle peppers in Adobo sauce for a hotter flavor.
Nutrition Info per serving: (1 serving, 4 oz.) 156 calories; 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat; 1 g monounsaturated fat); 12 mg cholesterol; 294 mg sodium; 23 g carbohydrate; 5.5 g fiber; 11 g protein; 1.4 mg niacin; 0.2 mg vitamin B6; 0.4 mcg vitamin B12; 2.8 mg iron; 7.8 mcg selenium; 1.7 mg zinc.