Monster Meatball Soup Kid-Friendly Meals
Be the first to rate this recipe!
- 1 package (16 oz.) frozen fully-cooked beef meatballs
- 1 cup frozen vegetable mixture, such as broccoli, cauliflower and carrots
- 2 cups water
- 1 can (14 to 14 1/2 oz.) ready-to-serve beef broth
- 1 can (14 1/2 oz.) diced tomatoes with roasted garlic
- 3/4 cup uncooked small pasta shapes (such as Halloween, alphabet or wagon wheels)
- dairy sour cream (optional)
- Parmesan toast (optional)
Combine frozen vegetables, water, broth, tomatoes and pasta in large saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer according to package directions until pasta is just tender.
Meanwhile microwave meatballs according to package directions. Add meatballs to soup; heat through.
Serve with sour cream and Parmesan toast if desired. Garnish with spooky decorations, as desired.
To make Parmesan toast, cut sliced white bread into Halloween shapes with cookie cutters. Place shapes on baking sheet; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake shapes in 350°F oven about 10 minutes or until bread is toasted and cheese begins to brown.
Nutrition Info per serving, (without sour cream or toast): (1 serving, 8 oz.) 141 calories; 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat; 1 g monounsaturated fat); 39 mg cholesterol; 307 mg sodium; 9 g carbohydrate; 1 g fiber; 17 g protein; 3.9 mg niacin; 0.2 mg vitamin B6; 1.4 mcg vitamin B12; 2.3 mg iron; 17.4 mcg selenium; 3.8 mg zinc.