Sirloin with Sugar Snap Peas and Pasta Salad Salads
This recipe has been rated 2 times
Rate this Recipe
- 1 boneless beef top sirloin steak, cut 3/4 inch thick
- 2 cups fresh sugar snap peas
- 2 cups cooked corkscrew pasta
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, cut in halves
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Freshly grated lemon peel
- Chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1. Bring water to boil in large saucepan. Add peas; cook 2 - 3 minutes until crisp-tender. Drain; rinse under cold water. Combine peas, pasta and tomatoes in large bowl. Set aside.
2. Whisk Gremolata Dressing ingredients in small bowl until well blended. Toss 2 tablespoons dressing with pasta mixture. Set aside.
3. Combine 3 cloves minced garlic and 1 teaspoon pepper; press evenly onto beef steak. Place steak on rack in broiler pan so surface of beef is 2 - 3 inches from heat. Broil 9 - 12 minutes for medium rare (145 degrees) to medium (160 degrees) doneness, turning once.
4. Carve steak into thin slices; season with salt, as desired. Add steak slices and remaining dressing to pasta mixture; toss to coat evenly. Garnish with lemon peel and parsley, if desired.
Nutritional information per service: 369 calories; 12g fat (3g saturated fat; 7g monounsaturated fat); 5mg cholesterol; 216mg sodium; 31g carbohydrate; 4.2g fiber; 32g protein; 1mg niacin; 0.7mg vitamin B6; 1.4mcg B12; 4.4mg iron; 46.5mcg selenium; 5.3mg zinc.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, iron, selenium and zinc; and a good source of fiber.