Southwest Beef Wraps Sandwiches & Wraps
Be the first to rate this recipe!
- 1 boneless chuck shoulder roast or bottom round rump roast (about 3 lbs.)
- 1 medium onion, cut into quarters
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 2 jars (16 oz. each) prepared chunky salsa with cilantro
- 8 flour tortillas, warmed
- fresh cilantro (optional)
- 1 cup frozen corn, defrosted
- 1 cup chopped fresh tomato
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
Cut beef pot roast into 4 even pieces. Place onion and garlic in slow cooker; top with beef. Add water, salt and pepper. Cover and cook on HIGH 5 to 5 1/2 hours or on LOW 9 to 9 1/2 hours, or until beef is fork-tender. (No stirring is necessary during cooking.)
Remove beef; cool slightly. Strain cooking liquid; skim fat. Shred beef with 2 forks. Place beef in 2-quart microwave-safe dish; add 1/2 cup cooking liquid.
Combine relish ingredients in medium bowl; stir in 1/4 cup salsa.
Add remaining salsa to beef; mix well. Cover and microwave on HIGH 8 to 10 minutes or until heated through, stirring once.
Top each tortilla with 3/4 cup beef mixture. Top beef with about 1/4 cup relish. Fold right and left sides of tortillas over filling; fold bottom edge up. Garnish with cilantro, if desired.
Nutrition Info per serving using round: 399 calories; 35 g protein; 36 g carbohydrate; 11 g fat; 1,204 mg sodium; 92 mg cholesterol; 6.3 mg niacin; 0.5 mg vitamin B6; 2.4 mcg vitamin B12; 5.1 mg iron; 5.7 mg zinc.